- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Thursday, May 28, 2015
MTA New York City Transit will suspend service between Broad Channel and Rockaway Blvd starting at 10:00 p.m. tonight to make permanent repairs to signal equipment and track components damaged by the theft of approximately 500 feet of copper cable from 12 locations along the right of way near the Howard Beach station. Crews will work through the night in anticipation of a normal Thursday morning rush period.
service will be suspended between Howard Beach and the Rockaways. Free shuttle bus service will be available for customers at the affected station stops. The following service changes will be in effect from 10:00 p.m. tonight through approximately 4:00 a.m. Thursday morning:
Trains will operate as follows:
· trains operate normally between 207 St and Ozone Park-Lefferts-Blvd.
· overnight shuttle service provided between Euclid Av and Howard Beach.
· shuttle will operate from Far Rockaway to Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St.
· In the Rockaways, use shuttle train at Rockaway Park and Far Rockaway, connecting to shuttle buses at Beach 90 St.
· At Far Rockaway, customers can also take the LIRR to Manhattan. MTA Long Island Rail Road is cross-honoring valid MetroCards at the Far Rockaway station.
· No subway service at Broad Channel; take shuttle buses at Cross Bay Blvd and Noel Rd.
· The southbound platform at Rockaway Blvd is shut for rehabilitation. Riders going to the Rockaways should take A trains to 88 St, and transfer to shuttle buses to connect to trains at Beach 90 St.
Shuttle buses will operate as follows:
· Far Rockaway-bound buses will stop at the 88 St station, Broad Channel (Cross Bay Blvd and Noel Rd), and Beach 90 St.
· Rockaway Blvd-bound buses will stop at Beach 90 St station, Broad Channel (Cross Bay Blvd and Noel Rd), Rockaway Blvd station, and 88 St.
· In the Rockaways, MTA Bus routes – Q35, Q52, Q53, and Q114 (Q52 does not run overnight).
Riders Travelling to/from JFK Airport
· Riders traveling to/from JFK Airport should, if at all possible, travel via the to/from Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av or via the LIRR to Jamaica, and connect with JFK AirTrain. Shuttle trains to Howard Beach-JFK Airport do not connect to any shuttle buses at Howard Beach.
· Riders traveling between Howard Beach-JFK Airport and the Rockaways will have to transfer between the Euclid Av-Howard Beach Shuttle trains and the shuttle buses at 88 St.
Source:- MTA Rail
Tags: MTA Rail