- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Minister for Infrastructure Peter Chandler said Palmerston is one of Australia’s fastest growing cities and the road network needs to keep pace with its rapid development.
“These improvements will provide for a safe traffic environment and allow for a greater movement of vehicles in the area and for the future development of the city,” Mr Chandler said.
Some of the major projects to Palmerston roads include:
– Palmerston Regional hospital access;
– Stuart Highway/Temple Terrace Intersection;
– Roystonea Avenue/Temple Terrace Intersection;
– Roystonea Avenue Third Lane Outbound;
– Tiger Brennan Drive Off-Ramp Extension;
– Lambrick Avenue Cycle Path;
– Extension of Roystonea Avenue/Lambrick Avenue to Owston Avenue; and
– Elrundie Avenue/Bonson Terence Intersection.
These comprehensive upgrades will continue through to the end of 2016.
“The Country Liberals Government is committed to unclogging our roads, ensuring Territorians can get home safer and sooner,” Mr Chandler said.
“Transport infrastructure supports the community and facilitates economic development.
“Once all upgrades are complete the drive through Palmerston will be much safer for the growing number of people who depend on these roads, including locals, tourists and transport operators.”
To minimise inconvenience of impact to traffic flow, the Department of Infrastructure will continue to provide specific information to road users in advance of works.