- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Saturday, May 14, 2016
The Paris Town Hall, the managers of 17 hotel groups, the UMIH and Synhorcat, representing 651 hotels and over 76,657 rooms in all categories in Paris and the
region met under the auspices of the City of Paris , the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry , the Paris Tourism and Congress Office and the UNIMEVto sign the Charter on the hosting of large congresses in Paris.
Paris equips itself with a unique Charter
A tool at the service of congress organisers, this agreement commits hotel owners who have signed the Charter to the following:
– Predictable price policy
– Fixed terms and conditions of sale and room release
– Allotment management policy
– Commitments to quality
Working with independent hotel owners via the UMIH and the Synhorcat, in addition to hotel groups,testifies to the unifying and unique character of this document .This Charter applies to major congresses – over 1000 participants – organised by not-for-profit
A collective effort by players in the sector to attract organisers Working with the signatory hotel owners, public authorities and operational organisations of the Paris Tourism sector commit to building a common strategy enabling the development of congresses in Paris.
– The City of Paris offers a customised package to organisers
– The Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Paris Tourism and Congress Office commit to ensuring that the event runs smoothly, from the application stage to the welcome of participants.
– The Paris Tourism and Congress Office supports French and international applications then works with associations at all stages of their events and passes on the initiatives of the destination’s operators .
A growing industry and significant economic returns Association congresses are a strategic market. In 2015, they generated 11% of business tourism nights in Paris, thanks to some 762,000 participants welcomed during 1004 events , including 136 events with over 1000 participants.