- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Friday, November 11, 2016
A passenger train in Dorset forced its commuters to flee after an electrical explosion underneath one of the carriages sent sparks and smoke into the air. The incident happened on Tuesday and created much panic amongst the daily passengers.
The incident is said to have caused by “electrical arcing” as said by South West Trains. They said that an electrical breakdown of gas in the equipment that powers the train caused the spark. Firefighters, police and paramedics rushed to the scene at Dorchester South station. Much fortunately, nobody was injured.
One of the passengers said that it was too scary at the moment and completely unexpected. There was flash light and suddenly everybody started shouting. A spokesman for the company said that a problem has been identified with the equipment which delivers the electricity to the third rail, which powers the trains. As a precautionary measure, the power to these rails has been disconnected, and engineering staff are en route to the site. The incident resulted in flashes, smoke and a bang, as well as cosmetic damage to the train.