PATA accepting submissions for PATA Face of the Future 2018
Published on : Tuesday, January 30, 2018
The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is now accepting submissions for PATA Face of the Future 2018. The winner will receive complimentary round-trip economy class air ticket and accommodation to attend the Association’s Dinner and Awards Presentation during the PATA Annual Summit 2018 on May 18-21 in Gangneung, Korea (ROK). Deadline for submissions is March 9, 2018.
The winner will also be provided a speaking opportunity at the PATA Youth Symposium and the one-day conference during the PATA Annual Summit 2018 and will be invited to join the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer.
Other benefits include:
- Recognition as the PATA Face of the Future 2018 including the use of a corresponding brand identity logo
- Mentorship opportunity with PATA CEO Dr. Mario Hardy
- Opportunities to speak at other PATA events or partner events on behalf of PATA
- Global media exposure via PATA’s far-reaching communication channels
- Opportunity to participate in PATA Committee meetings as an ‘Observer’. Join international discussions and grow your professional network in various sectors including Aviation/Carrier, Government/Destination, Hospitality, HCD, Industry Council and Sustainability
- Build your profile as a mentor for the PATA Young Tourism Professional (YTP) Mentorship Programme to develop young tourism professional students in the region
- Complimentary registration to one PATAcademy-HCD training of your choice (June or December 2018)
- One blog post about your passion and journey to success
To highlight PATA’s commitment to HCD, the Association annually presents a special award and prize to an exceptional ‘rising star’ in the industry. All recipients of this prestigious award have exhibited initiative and leadership in the advancement of tourism as well as demonstrating commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in line with PATA’s mission.
Faeez Fadhlillah, CEO and co-founder of Tripfez, Malaysia and PATA Face of the Future 2017 said that he feel honoured have been recognised with the prestigious PATA Face of the Future 2017 award and he thinks the award is a recognition for his amazing team at Tripfez and Salam Standard who have put in tremendous effort in promoting the concept of inclusive travel focusing on localization of their travel products for Muslim travellers.
An individual is eligible to enter the 2018 PATA ‘Face of the Future’ Award if he or she is:
- Aged 18-35 as of May 21, 2018
- Working for a PATA member organisation in good-standing as of May 21, 2018
The judges will seek to identify an individual who has best:
- Exhibited initiative and leadership in the implementation of local, regional and/or international tourism initiatives (including research projects)
- Demonstrated commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in a spirit compatible with PATA’s mission
- Faeez Fadhillah – PATA Face of the Future 2017 | CEO, Tripfez
- Sarah Mathews – Chairperson, PATA | Head of Destination Marketing APAC, TripAdvisor
- Mario Hardy – CEO, PATA
- Parita Niemwongse – Director of Human Capital Development, PATA
- JC Wong – Young Tourism Professional Ambassador, PATA
How to Enter:
- The candidate him/herself OR a third-party person may submit the nomination.
- No entry form is required. Simply submit a nomination letter, along with the nominee’s full professional contact details and bio-data with photo (JPG format, 300 dpi resolution, maximum 500KB total file size), in soft copy only (DOC or PDF file; maximum three pages).
- Submit a video (up to three minutes in length) detailing the nominee’s experiences to date and aspirations for the future of travel and tourism. Movie clips shot on smart phones or tablets are acceptable.
Please email the entry, clearly labelled ‘PATA Face of the Future 2018 Nomination’, to Parita Niemwongse by March 9, 2018.
The results will be notified to all entrants by March 16, 2018. Public announcement will be made by March 20, 2018.
Tags: Faeez Fadhlillah, Pacific Asia Travel Association, PATA Annual Summit 2018, PATA Face of the Future 2018