Puno in Peru to welcome over 50,000 tourists during La Candelaria Festivity

Published on : Friday, January 20, 2017

La Candelaria FestivityPeru’s Southern city of Puno expects to attract over 50,000 tourists during the Virgen de la Candelaria Festivity, its Regional Directorate of Foreign Trade and Tourism (Dircetur) projected. The festivity will run from January 29 thru February 12.

 

Last year, of all the tourists who visited the festival, 70% were Peruvian citizens and the remaining 30% were foreigners.

 

Among the main scheduled activities, the regional contest of typical dances, scheduled for Jan 29, and the Trajes de Luces Traditional eye-catching Costume dance, Feb 5-6, stand out.

 

During the celebrations, 100 tourism brigade members will be deployed, who will provide information to visitors, as well as distribute leaflets with data on festivity schedules, destinations and museums.

 

On the occasion, city authorities also inspect local hotels and restaurants to guarantee the quality of services.

 

Puno’s Festivity of Virgen de la Candelaria was included into UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity on November 27, 2014. It is deemed as one of the Inca nation’s most important cultural manifestations.

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 02 WTM London 2018
  • 03 imexamerica 2018
  • 07 miltcongress 2018
  • 08 theleisureshow 18
  • 09 cibtm 2018
  • 09 Seatrade Cruise Med 2018
  • 10 ITE-HCMC 2018
  • 13 aite 2018
  • 14 traveltechme 2018
  • 15 TravelDaily TDC 18
  • 16 OTDYKH 2018
  • 17 Hotel Show dubai 18
  • 18 hospitalityqatar 18
  • 18 Hotel Management Asia Summit 2018
  • 18 thincindonesia 2018
  • 19 bricsaconsulting 2018
  • 20 CITE_TTW 2018
  • 20 europecongress 18
  • 20 sahicsouthamerica 2018
  • 21 bitmchina 2018
  • 22 Hotel Management Singapore Summit 18
  • 23 PTM 2018
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com