- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Thursday, October 31, 2013
Designed to deliver a new standard of luxury, the new Lounges will significantly enhance the international pre-flight experience for Qantas customers.
Qantas International Chief Executive Officer, Simon Hickey said Qantas is focused on leading the way when it comes to setting the standard for premium travel.
“This multi-million dollar investment in our international lounges delivers on our promise to continually invest in our customers and benchmark Qantas as the airline of choice for global travellers,” said Mr Hickey.
“Our customers consistently tell us that Qantas lounges are a key part of their journey. And the success of our new Singapore lounge reaffirms our strategy of investing in international lounges which are just as important for our customers.
“The majority of our inbound flights to Australia are overnight, so our customers want to dine in the lounge before they fly so they can maximise their sleep onboard.”
The new international Lounges will reflect their local destinations, both by design and through their food and wine programs.
The Qantas Hong Kong Lounge, opening March 2014, will offer customers an exciting new experience with stylish and contemporary interiors reflecting the colour, vibrancy and luxury of Hong Kong.
Customers will be able to enjoy classics from Qantas Consulting Chef Neil Perry’s Rockpool and Spice Temple restaurants with regionally inspired Asian flavours and ingredients.
The new Qantas Hong Kong Lounge will offer:
• Yum cha trolleys serving dumplings throughout the lounge
• Customers the opportunity to dine at our Spice Temple BBQ Bar
• A tray around and a buffet style offering similar to our International Business Lounges in Sydney and Melbourne featuring a range of fresh and enticing food
• Panoramic views across the airport overlooking Qantas gates from a feature bar where customers will be able to enjoy signature cocktails, wines, spirits and barista service
• A Family Zone
The new Los Angeles Business Lounge will be jointly owned by Qantas, Cathay Pacific and British Airways, with Qantas being the managing airline. The Los Angeles Business Lounge will offer a new standard of comfort and elegance, and when completed will be more than twice the size of the current lounge, offering nearly 600 seats.
The Los Angeles Business Lounge will offer:
• Menus inspired by a mix of local West Coast US and Asian flavours.
• A dining area with view into the kitchen offering fresh regional food
• A wine bar offering signature cocktails and bar snacks, and a barista service.
• A circular internal fireplace to relax and socialise around.
• And seating surrounding a central glass atrium.
The Lounge will be open in phases with phase one opening in April 2014 with completion in the second half of 2014, aligning to the broader Tom Bradley International redevelopment. A new world class Qantas First Lounge will open in the second half of 2014.
This significant international lounge investment also follows recent developments to Qantas’ domestic lounges, including a significant increase to the lounge in Perth and a new lounge in Tamworth. A new lounge has been scheduled for development in Broome and the Melbourne Chairmans Lounge is currently being refurbished.