- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Wednesday, November 6, 2013
RCI, the global leader in vacation exchange, announced the signing of a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Hainan Tourism Development Commission and HNA Hotel Group that formalizes their mutual collaboration to introduce vacation ownership to Hainan’s tourism industry and promote Hainan as a top tourist destination through the establishment of Hainan International Tourism Island.
The agreement builds on the existing relationship RCI has with the Hainan Tourism Development Commission and HNA Hotel Group in its continuous effort to promote the benefits of vacation ownership in Hainan. Each MOU signatory will endeavor to work together to achieve the following six objectives:
1. Establish Hainan as one of the top international vacation ownership destination based on vacation ownership models that have been successfully implemented in the global market.
2. Promote Hainan as a tourist destination through RCI’s global network of more than 4,000 affiliated resorts and approximately 3.7 million members worldwide to attract more international and domestic tourists.
3. Introduce vacation ownership practices to the local tourism industry to enrich the diversity of vacation ownership products and increase the average length of stay.
4. Ensure the good reputation and healthy development of the vacation ownership industry in Hainan.
5. Create a supportive and favorable regulatory environment for vacation ownership practice, making it attractive for potential domestic and international investors.
6. Establish an industry self-regulatory mechanism that complements the existing government supervision to promote ethical and professional business operations in Hainan’s vacation ownership industry.
Wang Yuzheng, deputy director general of Hainan Tourism Development Commission, commented that the commission welcomes international companies such as RCI to operate in Hainan, and is positive about working with local leading industry player – HNA Hotel Group. He believes this will help promote Hainan in the global market and enrich the vacation products with local characteristics in the region to attract more tourists and help them enjoy their stay in Hainan.
“We expect the cooperation with RCI and HNA Hotel Group will contribute to the development of Hainan International Tourism Island,” Yuzheng said.“RCI is honored to be part of the Hainan Tourism Development Commission’s strategy to contribute to the establishment of Hainan International Tourism Island, and to work with HNA Hotel Group to support this goal,” said Adrian Lee, managing director, RCI Asia.
“This MOU has a strategic importance for the future of the vacation ownership industry in Hainan and China, and we believe that this is the right time to strengthen the foundation for vacation ownership in China. RCI is committed to working with government organizations and industry players to contribute to the sustainable growth of the industry, particularly in setting up a robust regulatory environment, creating appropriate industry and business models, educating the public on the product and implementing suitable consumer safeguards in Hainan.”
Bai Haibo, chairman of HNA Hotel Group, also expressed his confidence in this tripartite cooperation. He pointed out that HNA Hotel Group, the leading industry player in Hainan, has been working with RCI since 2006 and will build HNA as a successful industry role model in Hainan tourism market to attract more industry players to join the industry in Hainan.