- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is offering Barcelona Marathon 2016 runners an opportunity to relax and revive themselves at the hotel after the event. The Marathon Package includes luxurious accommodation, coaching before the race and massage at the hotel’s award-winning spa after the run, which will be held on 13th March 2016. In addition, the hotel is offering the Get Ready for the Marathon Programme to help participants prepare for the big day.
Growing in popularity, the Barcelona Marathon attracted 19,333 runners in 2015, and is a great opportunity for athletes to discover the city’s landmarks on route, including Gaudí’s spectacular Modernist buildings, La Pedrera, Casa Batlló and La Sagrada Familia. Runners will also pass the towering Torre Agbar and Joan Miró’s stunning sculpture, La Dona I L’Ocell (Lady and Bird), while enjoying the mild Mediterranean climate.
The Marathon Package is valid from 10th March to 15th March 2016, and is subject to availability. Rates start from EUR 2,025 based on two people sharing and include:
· Three nights luxury accommodation in one of the hotel’s exclusive rooms or suites
· Daily breakfast for two people served in-room or buffet breakfast in BistrEau restaurant
· VIP Marathon Pack upon arrival, including personalized running T-Shirt and the marathon race number, for one person
· Personalized coach to help with stretching and running the last 5 km of the course together the day before the marathon for one or two people
· Two Spa treatments during the stay
· Late check–out
Leading up to the marathon, runners can prepare for the event by taking advantage of the Get Ready for the Marathon Programme, a special, personalized training plan designed by The Spa at the Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona in collaboration with prestigious Ergodinámica Clínica. Athletes will receive a comprehensive, computerized body–condition analysis prior to their pre-event marathon training, with remote-control follow up and training tips from a personal coach.
The Get Ready for the Marathon Programme lasts 5 days, and is priced EUR 1,825 per person. It includes the following services in collaboration with Ergodinámica Clínica:
· Study of the March (study of optimum running techniques)
· Functional Evaluation and Strength Study
· Biomechanical Analysis
· Gas Stress Test (study of body’s reaction to distance running)
· Lactate Test
· 1 hour session with a personal running coach
· 1 hour personalized stretching session
· 1 hour personalized strength session
The programme is for one person, is subject to availability and needs to be booked at least one week in advance. Accommodation is not included.