- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Friday, May 13, 2016
Through the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA), the State Government – in collaboration with the City of Stirling – is investing nearly $75.4 million over three years to reshape the iconic beach precinct into a vibrant tourist destination.
An extra $18 million was allocated to project in the 2016-17 State Budget.
Forward works, including excavation for a waterfront swimming pool to be built by the City of Stirling, are expected to begin soon.
Public comment is now invited on the Scarborough Foreshore Public Realm Development Application, which proposes key new landmarks including:
• Scarborough Square – cafes, restaurants and shops surround the heart of the redevelopment
• Sunset Hill – scenic ocean views with rolling access to the beach, new promenades and nature-based activity areas
• Beach Hub – a mix of recreational and retail spaces, including Scarboro Surf Life Saving Club and the City of Stirling’s beach service facilities
• Intergenerational Plaza – a multi-use sports and events space featuring skating, climbing and basketball areas
• Transit Hub – the central landscaped entry point to Scarborough.
Upgrades to landscaping, modifications to roads and parking, and improvements to the pedestrian environment, lighting and public amenities are also proposed.
Source:- Western Australia Tourism