SCTH to allocate $2.67 billion for developing and rebuilding tourism projects in the country

Published on : Wednesday, July 19, 2017

indexSaudi Arabia’s Commission for tourism and National Heritage (SCTH) will be allocating $2.67 billion (SR9.9 bn) for expanding and rebuilding tourism projects in the country.

 

Six new initiatives that have been approved under the country’s National Transformation Program 2020, which is in line with the kingdom’s Vision 2030 was revealed by SCTH website. SCTH explained that it will receive 40 percent of the recently allocated government funds, and the remaining 60 percent will be distributed among its government partners.

 

The six new tourism initiatives include the development of touristic destinations for families in areas like Al Ula, Fursan Islands and Al Raas Al Abyad Shore. They also include the rehabilitation of 80 of the country’s archaeological sites. The new advancement plans will also have Saudi Arabia registering three of its natural heritage sites on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List.

 

The Saudi Vision 2030 development plan aims at increasing revenues generated from tourism to 18 percent in the next 14 years. Under the plan, Saudi is expected to host up to 1.5 million tourists by 2020.

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 02 WTM London 2018
  • 03 imexamerica 2018
  • 08 theleisureshow 18
  • 09 cibtm 2018
  • 09 Seatrade Cruise Med 2018
  • 10 Astana leisure 2018
  • 10 ITE-HCMC 2018
  • 11 lodgingconference 18
  • 11 ttgincontri 2018
  • 13 aite 2018
  • 14 CITIE 2018
  • 14 SATTE 2019
  • 14 traveltechme 2018
  • 15 TravelDaily TDC 18
  • 16 OTDYKH 2018
  • 17 Hotel Show dubai 18
  • 18 hospitalityqatar 18
  • 18 Hotel Management Asia Summit 2018
  • 18 thincindonesia 2018
  • 19 bricsaconsulting 2018
  • 20 CITE_TTW 2018
  • 20 europecongress 18
  • 20 sahicsouthamerica 2018
  • 21 bitmchina 2018
  • 22 Hotel Management Singapore Summit 18
  • 23 PTM 2018
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com