Seven things to remember for incentive travel
Published on : Wednesday, December 30, 2015
In defining terms, incentive travel is all about a good deal of business travel. Incentive travel is business-related travel that is designed to provide motivation or incentives to help business people become more successful. According to the Incentive Research Foundation: “Incentive Travel Programs are a motivational tool to enhance productivity or achieve business objectives in which participants earn the reward based on a specific level of achievement set forth by management.”
- Carefully select the target group for the incentive travel program. Generally, it is for the high-ranking professional but some munificent companies arrange the incentive tours for the management, sales people or at times even for the customers.
- Determine the corporate incentive program goals. Look for what the incentive program aims to accomplish at the end of the day. Generally, increase in sales, increase in production output or profits or a reduction in defective products, sales returns or lost contracts are the fulcrum points that need to be focussed.
- Considering past performance and employee behaviour, it will be easier to establish the reasonable takes for the incentive group thus formed.
- Specifically discover the target’s values, interests and preferences through paper surveys or interviews. After this, it will be easier to guide to match up preferences with available packages in the budget range, keeping in mind the corporate incentives.
- It will be appreciated if the incentive travel agents take over the brainstorming work of figuring out what the obstacles may exist in the way of the success of the incentive program. Although it is difficult to gauge the current employee morale, organisational structure or market conditions for the travel agents but regular client meetings can help to figure out the same.
- Make them understand the applicable tax implications. Travel can be taxable to recipients under certain conditions and special tax forms may be required.
- To top as an incentive travel agent, be sure that you give what has been promised at the budgeted cost. The cancellation policies must be made thoroughly clear to avoid any ambiguity.
Tags: incentive travel