Several people killed at Munich shooting, Police investigation going on
Published on : Saturday, July 23, 2016
Gunfire started at a shopping center in Munich on Friday and right now, the police investigations are going on. According to CNN affiliate NTV reports, some were killed while the others are wounded. The public transportation has been shut down and people are advised to stay indoors.
Some of the details that we know as of now:
- One of the shooters is still out in the open, after a shooting took place inside a McDonald’s across from the Olympia shopping mall. Claudia Kuntzel, a police spokeswoman said, “There could be several dead and one or even several shooters are on the loose.” She also added that the shooting took place at McDonald’s at around 5:50 p.m. It is not known if there have been shootings at other places as well, and if the gunfire has ceased.
- Witnesses confirmed that there was gunfire inside the mall as well.
- Police said that there was gunfire in some more locations, and the witnesses have reported that there were three men with firearms.
- The police said, “At the moment, we have not been able to arrest any perpetrators. The manhunt is underway at high speed. Because of the unclear situation we ask all people in the city area to stay at home or to look for protection in any nearby building. The operation of public transportation service has been stopped.”
- Lynn Stein, a worked at the the Jack Wolfskin store in the mall said, “I heard several shots. (I) was just going to buy something while my co-worker was still in the shop. People started running. I went outside as well; more people (were) running outside. I think I heard more shots. Then it sounded like he went to the parking house next to the mall — several shots there.”
- Stein also added that she then went inside the mall, “I saw … somebody lying on the floor, presumably dead, I don’t know. Or badly hurt. And there’s a woman over them, crying.” Finally, she said that police “told everyone to clear off the area and go to the other side of the street.”
Tags: Several people killed at Munich shooting