- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Monday, October 24, 2016
Bryan Patten of the San Antonio Police Department informed that the fire started around 7:30 local time on the second floor of the Sheraton Gunter hotel at the Houston Street.
According to the captain of the San Antonio Fire Department, Craig Balter, the entire incident was caused at a wedding banquet, where a cooking stove caught fire and started to emit heavy smoke.
Although the fire was put out by the sprinkler system very quickly, but the soaked floor and heavy fume caused the evacuation to prevent any injury. It was also found that two people had to be taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for minor injuries. One of them suffered a burn in the arm, where the other had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The local authorities had to close down the 200 block area of the East Houston Street for almost two hours because of the situation.