- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Monday, August 22, 2016
Tokyo’s Haneda bound Skymark Airlines flight 732 had to make an emergency landing at the New Chitose Airport in Japan’s Hokkaido on Monday, 22nd August. A smart phone charger of a female passenger was found to be emitting smoke during the flight.
The flight was bound to Haneda in Tokyo and it left the New Chitose Airport near Sapporo in the early hours of Monday. After 15 minutes of the take off, the flight had to return back to the airport to make an emergency landing around 12:45 am.
None of the 170 passengers were injured during the incident. But, two of the flight attendants suffered minor burns in the hands as they tried to extinguish the smoke. It was found that the heated battery exploded and injured the two by splattering them with the liquid content of the battery.
The owner of the battery informed that she heard a bang after the flight took off. Right after the bang, the battery in her bag, which was placed under the seat in front, started to smoke.
Witnesses stated that the entire cabin was filled with a bad stench and smoke, which was enough to create a panic.
The airport authorities and the police are investigating the incident at present.