Published on : Saturday, February 27, 2016
The spa was opened again yesterday (Feb 26) afternoon after being treated according to procedures recommended by the Auckland Regional Public Health Service and confirmation that negative test results had been returned.
Auckland Council Acting Manager Leisure Michael Groom says he wanted to thank pool users for their patience and understanding while the spa was shut.
“We take health protection very seriously and as soon as we were informed of the positive result, the pool was shut immediately.
“Visitors to the Tepid Baths, particularly regular spa pool users, have been hugely understanding of the reasons for its closure and the need for us to be certain the pool was negative for the bacteria before it could be reopened,” says Mr Groom.
The pool will continue to be monitored over the next three months to ensure testing for the bacteria remains negative.
Additionally, a new cleaning regime has been established throughout Auckland Council’s leisure facilities to minimise the risk of future occurrences of the bacteria, meaning processes for all of the spa pools exceed current New Zealand Standards.