- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Wego, the leading travel search site in the Asia Pacific and Middle East, have reimagined the Wego app, and will be one of the first locally developed apps available for the Apple Watch when it launches in Singapore on June 26.
Wego’s Apple Watch app is intuitive and works by identifying the user’s location and suggests the best airfares to popular destinations based on a number of variables for the approaching weekend, within five hours flight time.
Apple Watch presented an opportunity to develop an app with a new user experience. Booking your holiday on the desktop or mobile demands your time and attention, while the objective of the Apple Watch experience is to effortlessly alert you to spontaneous weekend travel ideas.
“Wego’s mobile development team rapidly responded to Apple Watch by quickly creating useful functions to deliver compelling benefits for travellers,” said Honey Mittal, VP Mobile Apps for Wego.
“We lead busy lives and holidays are not easy to accommodate, let alone allocating time to plan for one,” explained Mittal. “We’ve designed a solution by creating an app which provides more opportunities for a spontaneous, good value weekend getaway, within a comfortable flight time. The Wego Apple Watch app makes escaping for the weekend as simple as looking at your wrist.”
The Wego Apple Watch app will offer the following key features:
• Best flight options for destinations within five hours flight time for approaching weekends
• Booking flights and hotels in one app
• Searching lowest prices with real time, unbiased rates and airfares
• Viewing last minute airfare or hotel options in an instant
• Advanced sorting and filtering options
• Choices from hundreds of global and local travel sites including Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelClub, Qantas, Tiger, AirAsia, Garuda, Emirates and more
• Available in 20 languages