- About Us
- Image Gallery
- Download Free
Published on : Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Just as the Berliners head off on holiday, that’s when the most visitors from all over the world, but especially visitors from southern Europe, descend on the German capital. With just under 3 million overnight stays, August 2014 was the strongest month for Berlin tourism ever, closely followed by last July with 2.8 million overnight stays.
Burkhard Kieker, CEO of visitBerlin: “We are looking forward to the most visited months during Berlin summer. With its beach bars, rooftop terraces, lakes, parks, and open-air festivals, the city offers the perfect summer’s mix of culture, inspiration and entertainment.”
We have put together some facts and figures about summer tourism in Berlin, tips for keeping cool and finding refreshment, as well as the current summer tips from the new, free “Going Local Berlin” app:
1. Fact Sheet “Summer Tourism in Berlin”
2. The summer.visitBerlin.com website gives the best overview of the city’s beach bars, rooftop terraces, beer gardens, barbecue areas and open-air cinemas.
3. The summer edition of the visitBerlin “Going Local Berlin” app at app.visitBerlin.com presents a lot of refreshing neighbourhood tips: paddle through Spandau’s Little Venice, experience wildlife outdoors at Tierpark Lichtenberg, climb high in the trees in Jungfernheide, meet urban gardeners in Himmelbeet Wedding, and cool off in the lakes Wannsee or Weißensee.
4. The visitBerlin blog has posts about the coolest places in town, the Top 11 Ice Cream Shops, and the Top 11 Lakes to Go Swimming In.
5. The Berlin Swimming Map shows you the fastest way to the nearest beach, pool or lake.