- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Wednesday, November 27, 2013
As the countdown to the holidays begins, Four Seasons Hotel Seattle has curated a list of activities to consider this season. Located in downtown Seattle, next to Pike Place Market and Seattle Art Museum, Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the perfect home for the holidays, just steps away from all the city has to offer or an elevator away from grand events within the Hotel.
1. Magic in the Market: The annual Macy’s Holiday Parade and Star Lighting on November 29 is a Seattle tradition, but for those looking for an alternative, shop for the holidays in the especially festive atmosphere of Pike Place Market. On November 30, 2013, the afternoon features Dickens Carolers singing a cappella throughout the Market, photos with Santa and a tree lighting ceremony at 5:00 pm with a countdown led by Santa.
2. Unlimited chocolate: For those with a sweet tooth, join ART Restaurant’s annual Holiday Chocolate Buffet on Sundays, December 1, 8, 15 and 22. The chocolate delights include Larry’s chocolate fountain; milk chocolate Valhrona pudding; peanut butter and chocolate mousse; molten coffee chocolate cake; brownies and blondies; and more. Meet with Seattle illustrator and author of Larry Gets Lost in Seattle John Skewes, while the kids enjoy a reading of Larry’s adventures.
3. View holiday lights from above – The city will be twinkling with holiday lights and what better way to view it all than from above? The Seattle Great Wheel, Space Needle and the Smith Tower Observation Deck all have breathtaking panoramic views of Mt. Rainier and the Olympic and Cascade Mountain ranges to Safeco Field and downtown skyline.
4. The ultimate relaxation: The holidays can be stressful. Relieve the tension with the ultimate massage treatment from The Spa at Four Seasons, the new Four Hands, Four Seasons, which is performed rhythmically and in harmony by two therapists.
5. Family festive fun: Bring the entire family to Westlake Park and experience the illuminated whirling and twirling tradition of the holiday carousel, which benefits the work of the Downtown Seattle Association and Treehouse, a local nonprofit organization dedicated to giving foster kids a childhood and a future.
6. Shop then drop: Seattle is filled with great boutique shops, as well as world-class brands. For those in need of a shopping escape, the Shopper’s Holiday Package at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the perfect getaway. Not only does the package include overnight accommodations, it also includes a USD 200.00 gift card to Nordstrom and two holiday beverages in ART Lounge.
7. Host an alternative holiday get-together: Gather up to 10 friends for a unique holiday celebration with Market to ART, an interactive dinner where teams of two decide what’s for dinner as they shop at Pike Place Market for ingredients for one of the evening’s five courses. The chefs will unveil the ingredients and have to come up with dishes on the fly; it’s a fun, stress-free way to close out the year.
8. Seasonal songs to lift the spirit: Benaroya Hall and Seattle Symphony are home to some of the areas best holiday events, from Northwest jazz favourite Pink Martini and Miracle on 34th Street – The Musical to the Seattle’s Men’s Chorus’ Play It Again Santa and Handel’s Messiah. Located one block from the Hotel, take a leisurely stroll to these iconic cultural venues.
9. Gifts that give back: Looking for a gift that changes lives? Consider the Pacific Palette 2014 Calendar, which features stunning images of Seattle sunsets captures by local photographers in all four seasons. Proceeds from the calendar benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Research Fund, which supports groundbreaking research at Seattle Children’s Hospital. The calendar is on sale at the Concierge desk at Four Seasons.
10. Get fit for a cause: Seattle’s Jingle Bell Run/Walk is on December 8 and runners wear holiday-themed costume and tie jingle bells to their shoelaces. The 5k benefits the Arthritis Foundation, and kids can participate with the 1K Run with the Elves.
Source:- Four Seasons Hotels