Toronto Pearson Provides Tips For Travel During The Busy Holiday Season
Published on : Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Nearly 1.9 million passengers will travel through Canada’s largest airport, Toronto Pearson International Airport, during the peak travel period between December 20, 2016 and January 3, 2017. Here are some expert tips for travel on the busiest day leading into winter holidays.
Savvy Travel Tips
- Plan ahead: Travellers can start their trip off smoothly by reserving a parking spot at any of our parking garages.
- Pack right: To move more efficiently through security, passengers are encouraged to pack light and leave holiday gifts unwrapped in carry-on luggage, as all packages will be subject to inspection at security check points. Toronto Pearson offers free wrapping for all gifts purchased from airport stores. Passengers who bring an unwrapped gift through security can have their gifts wrapped for free. Also, save time by ensuring liquids and gels in carry-on luggage are in containers no larger than 100 millilitres.
- Coat Check: Passengers can check heavy winter coats before taking off and pick them up upon return for a warm ride home. Coat check service is available for just $2 per coat per day or $9 per coat per week.
Airport activities for passengers
- PAW Patrol has landed in Terminal 1! Just in time for the holidays, Spin Master has set up a highly interactive PAW Patrol installation in Terminal 1, Gates 55-57. PAW Patrol is a Computer Generated animated, action adventure preschool series starting a pack of heroic pups led by a tech-savvy boy named Rider.
- Passengers awaiting their flights will be treated to some holiday entertainment from strolling carolers around the terminals.
- The Toronto Pearson holiday cheer team will be out and spreading the festive feeling of the season to passengers from curb-to-gate and gate-to-curb. Some will help with baggage, as well as provide candy cane treats and other fantastic surprises to ease the stress of the season.
- Need to do last minute banking before your flight? Passengers can save time by banking before they fly at one of CIBC’s airport banking centres and ATMs.
- In partnership with American Express, surf the internet on complimentary Wi-Fi.
Food and Drink
- Happy Hour! Enjoy great deals at one of the following restaurants: The Hearth, Twist, Caplansky’s, Fionn MacCool’s, Bar 120, Lee Kitchen, or Meteor. Offers are valid from December 5 to December 25.
- Kids 12 and under can eat for free with the purchase of an adult’s meal. Check out these kid-friendly spots: The Hearth, Twist, and Caplansky’s. Offer is valid from December 20 to December 25.
- When you spend $500 at Duty Free, you will receive a $25 discount starting December 5. Go ahead and check off another item from your holiday list!
- Do you have an American Express Canada Credit Card? When you spend $250 with your AMEX card at Duty Free you’ll get $25 off your next AMEX credit card statement.
- Our world-class shops have plenty of holiday deals and promotions! There is something for everyone on your list.
Source:- Toronto Pearson
Tags: Toronto Pearson International Airport