- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Friday, April 22, 2016
The board of Visit Victoria, the new entity charged with keeping Victoria number one for tourism and major events, has been announced by Minister for Tourism and Major Events John Eren yesterday (April 21).
Visit Victoria would bring Tourism Victoria and the Victorian Major Events Company under the one roof, to grow our $21 billion tourism and events industry, the Victorian government had announced last year.
“We’re bringing the world’s experts under the one roof. One body with one clear plan. Visit Victoria will spearhead our plans to stay number one,” the Tourism Minister said in a media statement.
Leading Australian businessman Sir Rod Eddington AO will become the interim Chairman of the Visit Victoria board, while Paul Little AO will be Deputy Chair.
Eddington is one of Australia’s leading businessmen and Non-Executive Chairman of J.P. Morgan and Member of the APEC Business Advisory Council.
“The breadth of experience and expertise on the new Visit Victoria board will ensure the State’s visitor economy is in good stead to grow ever further,” the interim Chairman said.
Little is the former managing director of Toll Holdings, and was chairman of the Essendon Football Club.
The new Chief Executive Officer of Visit Victoria will be announced in May.
The other board members are:
• Chris Barlow – Melbourne Convention Bureau Chairman
• Peter Burnett AM – Australian Hotels Association President
• Peter Crinis – Crown Resorts Hotels and Food and Beverage Chief Operating Officer
• Louise Higgins – Nova Entertainment Chief Operating Officer
• Helen Moran – Merlin Entertainments Group Business Development and Ski Field Director
• Sara Quon – Beechworth Honey Chief Executive
• Gerry Ryan OAM – Jayco founder, Global Creatures Chairman
• Lyell Strambi – Australian Pacific Airports Limited Chief Executive
• Wai Tang – Melbourne Festival Director
• Janet Whiting AM –National Gallery of Victoria Council of Trustees President
Tags: Visit Victoria