- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Wednesday, May 25, 2016
With the help of VisitBritain’s (tourist board of Great Britain) tourism promotional efforts, the UK’s tourism sector depicted growth during 2010-2015, when domestic and inbound tourist volumes rose at a CAGR of 1.99% and 3.81% respectively. The growth in outbound tourism was supported by the improved economic growth in the same period.
– The UK’s travel and tourism sector depicted growth during 2010-2015, supported by an increase in international arrivals at a CAGR of 3.81%. Moreover, with VisitBritain’s (tourist board of Great Britain) plans for promoting tourism, inbound arrivals are expected to grow over 2016-2020 at a CAGR of 4.47%. Domestic and outbound tourist volumes rose at a CAGR of 1.99% and 3.6% respectively, which can be largely attributed to improved economic conditions. The number of departures reached 63.9 million by 2015 and Canadean expects the volume of outbound tourists from the UK to rise at a CAGR of 4.26%, to reach 78.7 million by 2020
– In order to strengthen the UK’s tourism, the Prime Minister announced a five-point tourism plan in 2015 that would not only attract international visitors, but also help to create more jobs in the country. The plan consisted of five major aspects: Skills and jobs, transport, a better coordinated sector, common sense regulation, and an improved welcome. Moreover, to promote rail tourism in the UK, the Prime Minister declared a £0.73 million (US$1.1 million) ‘Rail for Tourism innovation’ competition which was run by RSSB’s Future Railways Programme. In this, the winners were to suggest ideas on how to transform the travel experience for tourists visiting the country
– For summer 2016, WOW Air, which is an ultra-low-cost transatlantic airline, plans to extend its routes to more tourist destinations such as Toronto, San Francisco, Montreal, and Los Angeles. The routes will be operated from Gatwick Airport viaReykjavik, making travel easy for Britons
Canadean’s report – Travel and Tourism in the UK to 2020 – provides detailed information on the country’s tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
– Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire UK Travel and Tourism sector
– Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
– Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound, and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
– Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type – leisure and business travelers
Reasons To Buy
– Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the UK’s Travel and Tourism sector
– Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
– Direct promotional efforts on the most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries