- About Us
- Image Gallery
Published on : Thursday, April 20, 2017
TripAdvisor®, today announced that it has crossed the 500 million reviews and opinions milestone. The popular travel planning and booking site and app now receives 290 pieces of content every minute of every day. The phenomenal growth in user-generated content has been fuelled by travellers’ desire to “pay it forward” with insights and advice for millions of other global users.
Most Reviewed Hotel, Restaurant and Attraction on TripAdvisor
· Most reviewed tourist attraction in the world: The Basilica of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain, has more than 104,000 traveller reviews
· Most reviewed hotel in the world: The Luxor Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada, has more than 28,000 traveller reviews
· Most reviewed restaurant in the world: Pasteis de Belem in Lisbon, Portugal, has more than 25,000 traveller reviews
· Most reviewed tourist attraction in India: The Taj Mahal in Agra, has more than 21,000 traveller reviews
· Most reviewed hotel in India: The Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai, has more than 6,000 traveller reviews
· Most reviewed restaurant in India: Leopold Cafe and Bar in Mumbai, has more than 2850 traveller reviews
“Since launching 17 years ago, TripAdvisor has revolutionized the travel industry by creating an environment where consumers can share honest opinions of their experiences and where businesses can see the rewards of achieving consistently high standards of service and value from the community,” said Stephen Kaufer chief executive officer and co-founder, TripAdvisor. “Many savvy businesses report seeing incremental increase in the ratings and rankings on TripAdvisor when they engage with travellers by responding to reviews and using the feedback to improve their customers’ experience.”
In 2014, Oxford Economics¹ quantified the economic impact and added value generated for the travel industry by consumers using TripAdvisor. The study showed that TripAdvisor reviews and other content are not only heavily influencing much of the world’s travel activity, but are in fact the cause of some increase in travel activity.
Oxford Economics found that reviews, in particular, play a very important part in increasing travel activity by:
· Creating Transparency: Consumers are clear about the positives and negatives of the hotels, restaurants or attractions that they’re considering
· Building Trust: Consumers are confident that TripAdvisor’s content is reliable and trustworthy
· Growing Content Depth & Breadth: Travellers see an enormous amount of aggregated information and reviews about accommodations, restaurants and attractions all over the world
· Easing the Process of Searching & Booking: Travellers can easily find and compare prices and make a booking
The more content contributed by TripAdvisor users, the better it becomes at helping other users fulfil their dreams of finding their ideal hotel, attraction or restaurant. In equal measure, the more data reviewers contribute to the site, the better it becomes at answering searches with the most relevant list of businesses. What starts with a review, results in a cycle that generally leads to one of the most important marketing opportunities for a business that can result in more bookings and increased revenue.
Content Integrity Remains High
The integrity of reviews and opinions remains high at TripAdvisor, where the company uses cutting-edge technology and investigation methods to ensure consumers continue to find reviews as accurate and helpful in determining the quality of their total trip experience.
Over the last several years, multiple studies continue to reflect that the overwhelming majority of travellers find TripAdvisor’s hotel and restaurant reviews accurate of the actual experience.