Published on : Wednesday, February 8, 2017
According to a travel analysis company, travel restrictions imposed by U.S. President Donald Trump on seven countries are preventing travelers from other countries too. The company said that bookings for international arrivals to the U.S. over the next three months were 2.3% higher than last year.
But with Trump issuing the executive order on January 27, bookings to the U.S. dropped 6.5%, including an 80% drop in reservations from seven countries listed on Trump’s order and a 13.6% from Western Europe.
Other groups, such as the UNWTO, have also warned that travel demand could be hurt by U.S. restrictions, which are still suspended pending a U.S. appeals court hearing due to start at 2300 GMT on Tuesday. Nadejda Popova, travel project manager at Euromonitor said, “The ambiguity of these very latest developments introduced by President Trump is casting a shadow over the future travel demand to and from the U.S. The new executive order could also impact how the U.S. is perceived as a tourism destination and how open to foreign travellers it will be in the future.”