Vinci Airports buys 50.01 per cent stake in London Gatwick

Published on : Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Vinci Airport purchase a 50.01 per cent stake in London Gatwick while the remaining 49.99 percent will be managed by Global Infrastructure Partners.

 

 

Gatwick teams can now have access to broader opportunities concerning international career and in-house training as it will now be a part of 46 airports in 12 countries.

 

 

Gatwick will be sharing the best practice with Vinci Airports as it pursues its operational improvement strategy.

 

 

David Higgins, Stewart Wingate and Nick Dunn will still function as the respectively chairman, chief executive and chief financial officer of the airport.

 

 

They  will be joined by Cédric Laurier, from Vinci Airports, as chief technical officer.

 

There will be a further £1.1 billion capital investment programme in the airport that will help in delivering a range of passenger improvements by 2023.

 

 

Nicolas Notebaert, chief executive of Vinci Concessions and president of Vinci Airports, said that this partnership marks the beginning of a very exciting future for London Gatwick and Vinci Airports.

 

 

There will be a significant value addition to both Vinci Airport and London Gatwick Airport which will benefit the stakeholders, airlines and passengers.

 

 

The passenger number in Gatwick has grown from 32 million in December 2009 to more than 46 million in 2019.

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 08 imexamerica 2019
  • 14 Hotelierseries Africa 2019
  • 14 restaurantscafeslounges 19
  • 16 global-hotels-resorts 2019
  • 16 TTF 2019
  • 17 getglobal 19
  • 17 thincindonesia 2019
  • 18 Africa Hotel & Resort 2019
  • 18 chinatravelnews2019
  • 18 MILT 2019
  • 19 China Hotel 19
  • 19 itehcmc 19
  • 19 uzakrota London 2019
  • 20 sahic 2019
  • 20 uzakrota Istanbul 2019
  • 21 TheHotelShowSaudiArabia 2019
  • 22 Africa Hotel Investment Forum 2019
  • 22 iitm 2020
  • 22 TTME 2019
  • 23 PTM 2019
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

    1. MICE INDIA AND LUXURY TRAVEL CONGRESS 2019

      July 23 - July 24
    2. FOOD & HOTEL INDONESIA 2019

      July 24 - July 27
    3. IITM Bangalore

      August 2 - August 4
    4. IITM CHENNAI

      August 9 - August 11
    5. ibtm CHINA

      August 28 - August 29
Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com