What Delta customers need to know about operations Saturday
Published on : Saturday, January 7, 2017
Whether you’re a customer ticketed to or from Ft. Lauderdale, or your flight has been affected by the winter storm making its way across the Southeastern U.S., here’s what you need to know if you’re flying with Delta Saturday.
Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Operations
- Terminal 2, where Delta operates its FLL flights, remains closed due to the ongoing investigation into Friday’s shooting in the baggage area.
- Delta is re-accommodating customers scheduled to fly to or from FLL Saturdayvia Miami or West Palm Beach. Customers for whom Delta has contact information are being sent notifications about which airport they should expect to arrive to or depart from, via email or text SMS message. Customers are also advised to check delta.com and the Fly Delta Mobile App for the latest flight updates. Buses will be available for customers between airports as well as the Port Everglades cruise terminal.
- Delta has issued a waiver for customers traveling to or from Fort Lauderdale to change their travel plans without incurring a fee.
- Customers who left checked or carry-on items on a Delta aircraft during the active shooter evacuation should contact Delta at 800-977-1005.
- Customers evacuated from the FLL airport who left behind other belongings in the terminal should follow @FLLFlyer on Twitter for updates on when and where to pick up items. About 20,000 items have been gathered by the airport, which is sorting them for distribution to their owners.
- As a result of winter weather for much of the Southeast, Delta has canceled about 175 flights, primarily to and from its Atlanta hub where an inch of ice accumulated at the airport.
- A winter weather waiver was published Thursday and extends through Saturdayfor customers to make changes to their itinerary without a fee.
- Delta has issued an embargo for unaccompanied minors connecting through Atlanta on Saturday. Unaccompanied minors may still travel if their flight begins or ends in Atlanta. A similar embargo is in place for pets as checked baggage.
- Customers can expect potential de-icing delays throughout the day at airports in the Southeast following a snowstorm that brought freezing rain to Atlanta’s Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. The thick layer of ice will slow the airline’s startup Saturday morning.
- Customers should check Delta.com and the Fly Delta Mobile App for the latest flight status.