Women drive the growth for singles holiday

Published on : Thursday, January 11, 2018

womanA new research has revealed that around twice as many older women are signing up for singles holidays than men.

 

 

A survey of 62,656 singles holidays was conducted in 2017 by 101 Singles Holidays, it showed 63% of the trips were taken by women, with men accounting for the remaining 37%.

 

There was a 14% year-on-year increase in solo holidays in 2017 with a further 11% predicted for this year by both the sexes.

 

 

It was found that the average age of a singles holidaymaker was 57, up from 54 in 2014, while 70% of those on the trips were over the age of 50.

 

 

India was the fastest growing destination followed by Sir Lanka while Italy was overall the most popular with Greece and Spain in second and third place respectively.

 

 

It was surveyed that the average booking cost of a singles-only holiday was £1,374, up 24% since 2014 and this was due to the fact that the  single travellers were more adventurous in their choice of destination, rather than prices rising.

 

It was found that the stigma surrounding singles holidays has largely disappeared.

 

 

There was a steady rise in the number of people in the UK over the past 15 years often people are opting to travel to pursue their favourite pastime like skiing, yoga or golf.

 

 

The biggest growth area was in women over 50, earlier this group might had been reluctant to travel alone but now they are more empowered, confident and independent than ever before.

 

As per the Office for National Statistics, people not in a relationship made up 34.5% of the population in 2015 compared to 29.6% in 2002.

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 02 WTM London 2018
  • 03 imexamerica 2018
  • 08 theleisureshow 18
  • 09 cibtm 2018
  • 09 Seatrade Cruise Med 2018
  • 10 Astana leisure 2018
  • 10 ITE-HCMC 2018
  • 11 lodgingconference 18
  • 11 ttgincontri 2018
  • 13 aite 2018
  • 14 CITIE 2018
  • 14 SATTE 2019
  • 14 traveltechme 2018
  • 15 TravelDaily TDC 18
  • 16 OTDYKH 2018
  • 17 Hotel Show dubai 18
  • 18 hospitalityqatar 18
  • 18 Hotel Management Asia Summit 2018
  • 18 thincindonesia 2018
  • 19 bricsaconsulting 2018
  • 20 CITE_TTW 2018
  • 20 europecongress 18
  • 20 sahicsouthamerica 2018
  • 21 bitmchina 2018
  • 22 Hotel Management Singapore Summit 18
  • 23 PTM 2018
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com