The world’s biggest book sale to be held in Thailand for the first time ever at IMPACT Muang Thong Thani

Published on : Monday, August 15, 2016

impact logoMr. Paul Kanjanapas, Managing Director of IMPACT Exhibition Management Co., Ltd., the operator of IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani, said: “It is a great pleasure for IMPACT to host
‘Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Bangkok 2016’, the world’s greatest book sale which has been held every year in Malaysia, then spread into Indonesia, and now Thailand for the very first time at Hall 9 of IMPACT Forum, IMPACT Muang Thong Thani from August 12 – 21, 2016.

The event offers Thai people a great opportunity to buy good quality books by publishers from Europe, America and Australia covering all categories and genres for all age groups such as children’s picture books, history, biography, entertainment, sports, travel, literature, home decoration, architecture, hobbies, etc., you name it. Visitors will be enjoying a wonderful time browsing through more than 2 million books from various international authors and translators. According to the organizer, the imported books for this event alone have a combined value of more than 200 million baht. So it is like heaven for all book lovers and bookworms where they will be spoiled for choices with an extensive selection of international books offered at unbeatable prices.”

Mr. Surachet Worawongwasu, Managing Director of Ready2Read Co., Ltd., the organizer of the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Bangkok 2016, said: “We realize the importance of improving English skills through reading, especially in English. Given that Big Bad Wolf is considered to be the biggest book sale in the world, we decided to bring the event to Thailand because we believe that it will provide enormous benefits for Thai people. And we have chosen IMPACT as the venue because it is the perfect place equipped with integrated facilities which is able to accommodate a large number of visitors as this event is expected to draw up to 200,000 visitors during the 10-day run.

What makes Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Bangkok 2016 so special is that in addition to 2 million copies of quality books, they are all brand new and, more importantly, offer 60-80% off the cover price. Additionally, some of them are limited edition. Over 90% of the books are in English while the remaining 10% are translated books. Another highlight of the event is 60 hours of non-stop sale on the weekends – August 12 – 14 and August 19 – 21, giving people more time to browse and buy the books they want. The remainder of the event is open from 10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. daily.

Mr. Paul added: “Although this is the debut of Big Bad Wolf in Thailand, I believe that it will be a huge success. IMPACT also takes this opportunity to donate 500,000 baht to support the purchase of English-language books to be contributed to seven schools in Nonthaburi province including Suankularb Wittayalai Nonthaburi School, Nawaminthrachinuthit Horwang Nonthaburi School, Pakkred Secondary School, Wat Bo School, Wat Ku School, Nanthapiwat Wittaya School, Potinimit Wiitayakom School, and Phasukmaneejak School, in an effort to promote English learning among Thai children and youth and encourage them to improve their English language skills.”

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  stumbleupon-logo   rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 02 wtm_london17
  • 03 itb-asia 2017
  • 12 TTF17
  • 13 Frontiers Forum 2017
  • 14 bltm 2017
  • 15 questexevent 2017
  • 16 TT Warsaw 2017
  • 17 hospitalityqatar 17
  • 17 worldmiceday 2017
  • 18 worldmiceday 2017
  • 19 Emitt 18
  • 19 IITM
  • 43 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com