Published on : Saturday, January 29, 2022
Africa Travel Week (ATW) is asking all responsible tourism businesses to submit their applications for the WTM Responsible Tourism Awards 2022 by 28 February.
“With just a few weeks to go, we are urging all those responsible tourism rockstars to get their entries in as soon as possible,” said Martin Hiller, Content + Creative Director: Travel, Tourism & Creative Industries at RX Exhibitions.
Established in 2004, the WTM World Responsible Tourism Awards showcases the best of the best in responsible tourism, setting high standards for the global industry to take responsibility in creating sustainable travel and holiday experiences.
The 2022 Awards have free entry and is split into four regions: Africa, India, Latin America, and the rest of the world. The winner from each region will go on to contest in the Global Awards taking place at WTM London from 7-9 November this year.
Registrants can apply for the following ten categories:
• Decarbonising Travel & Tourism
• Sustaining Employees and Communities through the Pandemic
• Destinations Building Back Better Post-COVID
• Increasing Diversity in Tourism: How inclusive is our industry?
• Reducing Plastic Waste in the Environment
• Growing the Local Economic Benefit
• Access for the Differently-Abled as Travellers, Employees and Holidaymakers
• Increasing Tourism’s Contribution to Natural Heritage and Biodiversity
• Conserving Water and Improving Water Security and Supply for Neighbours
• Contributing to Cultural Heritage
Hiller explains,“As a winner, or even a finalist, taking part in this prestigious initiative offers more than just bragging rights and boosting team morale. The experience leverages increased PR and press opportunities to help build your reputation, with the opportunity to connect with industry leaders from around the world.”