Bali is now safe to visit

 Thursday, December 21, 2017 

Favorite

baliAfter severe volcanic eruptions  last month that led to dozens of flight cancellations, Bali is now declared safe.

 

 

According to the Indonesia’s government the alert status for Mount Agung remains at a high level, but only for an 8-10km radius from the summit.

 

 

Minister for Maritime Affairs Luhut Pandjaitan said that the rest of Bali is still normal.

 

 

The authorities expect the eruptions will blow towards the east of  Bali due to the existing wind directions affirming that the airport will remain unaffected by the ash cloud produced.

 

The residents have moved out of danger and there is an exclusion zone around the mountain that remains in place.

 

 

Pandjaitan said that according to the Agency for Meteorology Climatology and Geophysics, the winds will blow towards the East of Bali.

 

 

 

So any if any eruption occurs the ash will not disrupt aviation activities in Bali Airport.

 

 

Travellers can visit tourism attractions outside the 10km exclusion zone which is considered safe.

 

Tourism minister Arief Yahya requested hotels and ground handlers to provide incentives for visitors.

 

 

He said that it is better to have less profit than more losses from not having sufficient revenue.

« Back to Page

Related Posts

PARTNERS

Subscribe to our Newsletter

I want to receive travel news and trade event update from Travel And Tour World. I have read Travel And Tour World's Privacy Notice.

Jul 01
Jul 05
Aug 04