Belize presents updated tourism industry rules
Published on : Wednesday, October 21, 2020
After the lockdown pause as Belize reopens and focuses on restarting the tourism industry, they are focussing on maintaining the health and safety protocols and stay updated. At a recent press conference they have mentioned that certain relaxation has been awarded in the tourism sector while following the tourism regulations.
Some of the updated protocols include;
- Tourists are encouraged to move around freely while staying within the safe corridor. They could avail the certificate by visiting and using the Gold Standard Certified and display the certification.
- Tourists may reserve as well as stay only at the Gold Standard hotels. The Belize tourism will therefore promote only those hotels that are entitled with certification.
- The Tourism Gold Standard Program that is currently in place for Hotels and Tour Operators will also be offered to other entities within the Tourism Industry including Tourism sites and attractions, Restaurants and Gift shops
An updated entry requirement for Belize tourists:
- A proper application to enter Belize is not needed from now and hence people are free to travel.
- Tourists and residents with negative report will no longer have to remain quarantine for ten days.
- People should download the Belize Health App and share information within 72 hours of their arrival in Belize. This is mandatory for all incoming passengers to Belize.
Tags: belize tourism industry association, Coronavirus, Lockdown, pandemic, tarvel and tourism, tourism rules