Published on : Wednesday, February 26, 2020
In America, a new wave of discrimination against Chinese will slash roughly 10 percent of the revenue in terms of tourism of the country in the first quarter of 2020 as rocking US foundations in all spheres, experts said on Monday.
This remark was made as the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of China issued an advisory the very same day, telling the Chinese tourists not to travel US because of their stringent measures in regard to epidemic control and its domestic security which results in Chinese tourists facing unfairly behavior.
The experts of tourism industry explained that this is one of the only few times that the Chinese authorities have issued sudden warning on the travelers going to the US in recent years, highlighting the severity of the issuance.
In last year’s June, China had issued an alert of the same nature in regards to travel to the US to counter the damaging consequences Chinese people are facing after the escalation of the US-initiated trade war, which extended way ahead the broad economic measures to target the technology, education and tourism sectors.
“More Chinese will avoid traveling to the US after the latest warning. So the effect of the warning on the US tourism industry will become more evident in the second quarter, because it usually takes one to two months for Chinese to apply for US visas and book tours,” Xu Xiaolei, marketing manager at China’s CYTS Tours Holding Co, told the Global Times on Monday.
“Such an effect will still exist even after the coronavirus fades away,” Xu said.