Domestic tourism expenditure in Turkey surged by 21.5% in 2019

Published on : Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Turkey’s statistical authority recently released a report that showcased that domestic tourism expenditures surged 21.5% on a year-on-year basis last year. According to reports, turkey residents spent approximately 48.9 billion Turkish liras ($8.6 billion) on domestic trips in 2019 including individual and package tour expenditures.

 

 

The Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat) said in a statement that 91.9% of domestic tourism expenditures were individual with 44.9 billion lira ($7.9 billion). On the other hand, the remaining 8.1% were package tour expenditures with nearly 4 billion Turkish liras ($700 million). It also informed that nearly 61.4 million residents made domestic trips over the same time period.

 

 

Official figures showed domestic visitors made around 637 million overnight trips, while the average number of overnights was 8.1 and average expenditures per trip totaled some 625 Turkish liras ($110).

 

 

TurkStat mentioned that the primary purpose of domestic trips was visiting relatives, accounting for a 63.7% share of total trips. It also found that the second most valid trip purpose was travel, leisure, vacation with 26.5% with heath related trips being the third with 4.6%.

 

 

It also noted that domestic visitors mostly stayed at a friend or relative residences with 435.3 million overnights in 2019. It figured that its own house took second place with 115.4 million overnight stays and hotels took third place with 42.7 million overnight accommodations.

 

 


(No Like Yet)

Related Posts

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.

arrow2Follow TTW
 
facebook-logo  twitter-logo  LinkedIn_logo  rss_logo 
ttw_blogger_logo  ttw_blogger_logo

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 06 ITB Asia 2020
  • 12 ITE Hong Kong 2020
  • 13 IMEX 20
  • 16 FHC 2020
  • 16 G&A 2020
  • 16 ITB asia 2020
  • 16 TAAPE 2020
  • 17 AAA-banner 2020
  • 18 WCTIE 2020
  • 20 GWS-2020
  • 23 emitt 21
  • 30 PATA

TRAVEL INDUSTRY EVENTS

    1. Forum de l’Investissement Hôtelier Africain

      July 7 - July 9
    2. DRT SHOW SHANGHAI

      July 17 - July 19
    3. SHANGHAI WORLD TRAVEL FAIR (SWTF)

      July 30 - August 2
    4. IT&CM CHINA 2020

      August 3 - August 5
    5. Asia Amusement & Attractions Expo 2020

      August 4 - August 6
Get our toolbar!
Review www.travelandtourworld.com on alexa.com