Foreign tourism of Western Cape gets back

 Tuesday, June 6, 2023 


As per the latest data published by Wesgro, the tourism industry of Western Cape is showing hopeful signs in terms of a complete revival. The agency declared that at Cape Town International Airport, the percentage of international tourists at present has reached the levels it existed during the pre-pandemic times, specially comparing April 2023 to April 2019.

The airport recorded in April 2023 an imposing 67 747 arrival of tourists. Almost 87% among these were from international markets, as the remaining 13% started off from different nations all over the African

The officials in the Western Cape met the news was with huge eagerness, and showed their approval with the optimistic trend. The tourism revival to the pre-pandemic levels shows a major milestone in the journey of the region towards financial revitalization.

The spokesperson of Wesgro said that he is very happy that they have reached the levels of pre-pandemic times to the Western Cape. At present, their aim is to move beyond the process revival and to focus on all
initiations in terms of improving the tourism and hospitality as greater number of tourists transform into greater number of job opportunities in the Western Cape.

The Western Cape in line with this positive viewpoint welcomed two new direct flight routes of late. From Eswatini to Cape Town was the first direct flight and was celebrated by officials as a positive step forward.

Share On:

« Back to Page

Related Posts


Subscribe to our Newsletter

I want to receive travel news and trade event update from Travel And Tour World. I have read Travel And Tour World's Privacy Notice.

Sep 26
September 26 - September 28
Sep 29
September 29 - September 30
Oct 03
Oct 04
October 4 - October 6