Published on : Monday, September 13, 2021
Tourism operators are experiencing a rise in the inquiries related to booking into Langkawi holiday packages before the start of the tourism bubble programme for vaccinated travellers from Sept 16th.
In Langkawi, tour agencies and business operators have started doing the alterations on their premises to make sure they are in a way that agrees with the National Security Council’s (NSC) standard operating procedures (SOP) and recommendations.
Datuk Alexander Isaac, Tropical Charters chief executive officer and Langkawi Business Association deputy president, has explained that tour operators had been quite busy with booking inquiries.
“We are excited to be back in action.”
“We are grateful for the travel bubble programme and are looking forward to reopening safely, under strict SOP.”
He stated that tour agencies and business operators had initiated making preparations to make sure that they meet the terms of the SOP.
The NSC and Langkawi Development Authority under the Mysafe Travel’s Ceria programme, he said, had conducted out a five-day course for all tour, holiday agencies and food and beverage operators to provide training on SOP requirements.
“Tour agencies and operators have taken the safety courses to equip themselves with knowledge and safety preparations,” he said.
“The training equips tour operators, tour agents and resort workers with information on what to do or not to do when we reopen.”
“They, too, have been taught how to respond to an emergency situation, like whom to call and what to do, which will be helpful in running the sector,” he told the New Straits Times.
Isaac said he had included the RTK-antigen tests in his tour packages for all his guests upon arrival to the island.