Published on : Monday, August 9, 2021
In March Qatar was added to the UK’s amber list thereby minimizing travel between the two countries. Besides this small gulf country, other names joined in UK’s list are India, Bahrain and the UAE. Passengers arriving from the countries of the amber list and who are not vaccinated need to take at least two to three days prior to their flight and two other tests on day two and eight after arrival. They also have to stay in 10 days’ home quarantine unless they pay extra charges for a test on day five. However, passengers who are fully vaccinated need not home quarantine themselves or take the eighth day test.
The UK government decides who are to be enlisted in the red, green and amber categories for England. The other home countries decide their own lists. However, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland confined that would follow suit as per the government mandate. Therefore, it is not just English where there will be service ramp-ups for Qatar Airways. The airline will be adding frequencies to London, Manchester and Edinburg.
The frequencies for the next three months will be somewhat like:
• August- two flights per week will continue
• September- an increase to three flights per week
• October- an increase to three flights per week
• August- 21 flights per week
• September- 21 flights per week
• October- 28 flights per week
• August- three flights per week will continue
• September- an increase to seven flights per week
• October- seven flights per week
The Chief Officer Customer Executive Rossen Dimitrov expressed his glee about this change and emphasised on the prospect of UK market for his airline.