Published on : Thursday, May 21, 2020
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has neither decided nor considered reviving its tourism in the current emergency of coronavirus in the province, says a senior official of the department.
A communique quoting the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa secretary tourism, Khushal Khan has recently explained that the tourism department of this administrative province was closely keeping an eye on different developments in the Covid-19 emergency situation.
It mentioned that the hospitality industry would be closed to stop the spread of deadly viral infection in the province. It also explained that the provincial government had chalked out new standard operating procedures (SOPs) and at the right time, the same would be approved and notified after discussing with the relevant stakeholders.
Currently, the reports about the reopening of the sector were said inappropriate as well as unfounded. Previously, some reports pointed to the fact that an Integrated Tourism Contingency Plan had been set up to put in place essential arrangements for the recommencement of the activities related to tourism during the upcoming season in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.