Turkish Airlines’ Load Factor is 84.8 Percent in August
Published on : Thursday, September 12, 2019
Turkish Airlines announced its passenger and cargo traffic results for August. The flag carrier recorded 84.8 percent load factor in this month despite the global shrinkage of demand in the aviation sector. Offering connections to more countries than any other airline from a single hub, global carrier’s international-to-international transfer passenger numbers increased in record numbers with a 9.4 percent increase compared to the same month of the last year.
Continuing towards its goal of becoming one of the top five air cargo brands in the world with its Turkish Cargo brand, flag carrier increased its cargo / mail volume by 11.5 percent compared to the same month of the last year. National flag carrier maintains its two digit growth numbers at air cargo market in its new home as well.
According to August 2019 Traffic Results;
- Load factor in August is 84.8%, while domestic load factor is 88.4% and international load factor is 84.3%.
- International-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers) increased by 9.4% compared to the same period of last year. International passengers excluding the international to international transit passengers showed a decrease of 0.4% in August.
- In August, cargo/mail volume increased by 11.5%, compared to the same period of 2018. Main contributors to the growth in Cargo / mail volume are North America with 24.8%, Far East with 12.2% and Europe with 11.3% increase.
- In August, Domestic showed load factor growth of 0.6 points, while North America and Far East increased by 0.4 and 0.3 points respectivley.
According to the January-August 2019 Traffic Results;
- During January-August, demand was almost flat over the same period of last year but total number of passengers carried decreased by 2.1% and total number of passengers carried is around 49.7 million.
- During January-August, total load factor decreased by 0.6 points to 81.2% compared to same period of last year. International load factor also decreased by 0.8 points to 80,5%, domestic load factor went up by 1,1 point reaching 86.6%.
- International-to-international transfer passengers carried increased by 3.5%.
- Cargo/mail carried during the first eight months of 2019 increased by 9.6% and reach to 985 thousand tons.
Source:- Turkish Airlines
Tags: Turkish Airlines