UAE hospitality remains on strong growth path

 Thursday, February 9, 2023 


The UAE hotel industry remains on a strong growth path, with an estimated 251,000 keys by 2030, a report by a benchmarking company showed.

The tourism industry is one of the biggest non-oil revenue sources in the country, and its hotel provision reflects this, a report says.

In the high end of the hotel sector, UAE is set to welcome at least 130 premium sites totalling nearly 34,000 rooms over the coming years, according to a data.

The country’s reputation for luxury remains undimmed as far as forthcoming hotels go, with 64 per cent of the high-end pipeline in the five star category, equating to 83 sites, while the remaining 36 per cent, 47 projects are upscale four star builds, the data showed.

A recent report supported these trends. In a recent report, JLL quoted Dubai Economy and Tourism (DET) data that showed that the emirate received 12.82 million overnight visitors between January and November 2022.

The occupancy rate for Dubai’s hotels climbed to 72 per cent over January-November 2022, a strong improvement compared to last year (63 per cent).

Simultaneously, the city’s average daily rate (ADR) rose by 22 per cent year-on-year to $184.

Meanwhile, Abu Dhabi’s occupancy rate climbed to 69 per cent in the first 11 months of last year (up from 66 per cent in the corresponding part of 2021) and ADR jumped by 29 per cent to USD 119.

A news media spoke to two prominent players in the hospitality sector to understand the trends.

One of the two represents French elegance in the heart of the iconic Downtown Dubai. The hotel offers an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration within the New and Old Dubai.

The other specialises in asset management and food and beverage concepts.

Since inception in 2010, the company has grown from a single unit venture to six venues in UAE and international presence in London UK and beyond.

« Back to Page

Related Posts


Subscribe to our Newsletter

I want to receive travel news and trade event update from Travel And Tour World. I have read Travel And Tour World's Privacy Notice.

Mar 23
Mar 24
March 24 - March 26
Mar 24
Mar 24
March 24 - March 26