Published on : Monday, April 19, 2021
The corona virus pandemic has proved to be terrible for several businesses, but tourism remains one of the most affected sectors.
Tourism in Uttarakhand has been dealing with a heavy blow with scores of people working for this sector now facing the brunt with a nationwide lockdown for restricting the spread of the deadly virus.
Satpal Maharaj, Uttarakhand Minister for culture and tourism said that all the popular tourist spots along with Char Dham Yatra have suffered losses this year due to the spread of the fatal virus.
The minister also added that in the future Uttarakhand would follow the social distancing norms along with other rules to run the tourism sector smoothly.
“The state government is evaluating the losses. And in the future, the tourism sector will work in accordance with the Central government guidelines which includes social distancing and sanitization,” said Satpal Maharaj.
Sandeep Sahini, the president of the Hotel and Restaurant Association of Uttarakhand said: “Many hotels are on the verge of closing due to the lockdown. So far, we have incurred losses of around Rs 400- Rs 500 crore.”
He has urged for a relief package by the Central and the State governments for the hotel owners in Uttarakhand.
Tags: Uttarakhand tourism