Chinese Lunar New Year to generate 1.4 bln USD in tourism revenue for Thailand

 Saturday, February 10, 2018 


thaiDuring the upcoming Chinese Lunar New Year season in this country the Thailand’s Ministry of Tourism and Sports expects some 48 billion baht (about 1.4 billion U.S. dollars) in tourism-related revenue.
Pongpanu Svetarundra, Tourism and Sports Ministry undersecretary stated that Thailand’s tourist industry nationwide is expected to earn some 1.4 billion U.S. dollars during the Chinese Lunar New Year starting from February 15 until February 21.



During the Chinese Lunar New Year season an estimated 888,472 foreign tourists are expected to visit Thailand.



Some 304,192 will come from the Chinese mainland with more direct flights from China to Thailand which will account for a 20 percent increase from the same period last year.



A bout 90 percent of the Chinese Lunar New Year visitors are expected at major tourist destinations such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai whereas the other 10 percent would visit other famous spots including Chiang Rai and Koh Samui island, he further added.

« Back to Page

Related Posts


Subscribe to our Newsletter

I want to receive travel news and trade event update from Travel And Tour World. I have read Travel And Tour World's Privacy Notice.

Mar 31
March 31 - April 2
Apr 03
Apr 03