TTW
TTW

dnata travel unveils trending destinations for UAE National Day getaways in 2023

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Favorite

As UAE National Day approaches, dnata Travel has unveiled the sought-after holiday destinations for this festive break. The top five international getaways for UAE residents, in descending order, are Thailand, Maldives, Turkey, USA, and Azerbaijan.

Thailand stands out as the ultimate choice, representing 15% of all dnata Travel bookings during the UAE National Day weekend. Popular spots like Bangkok, Phuket, and Krabi are leading the list of preferred locations.

Azerbaijan emerges as a new contender for the 2023 holiday season, witnessing a remarkable 50% increase in bookings compared to the same period in 2022. The capital, Baku, is gaining traction among UAE travelers seeking a city break closer to home. Additionally, bookings to the UK, Switzerland, France, India, and the Seychelles are on the rise.

For the extended weekend, 80% of bookings are for international travel, while the remaining 20% cover staycations within the UAE. Dubai secures the top spot for local stays, followed by Abu Dhabi and Ras Al Khaimah.

Meerah Ketait, Head of Retail and Leisure UAE at dnata Travel, noted, “Travelers are expanding their horizons, exploring lesser-known destinations and discovering new hotspots. In addition to perennial favorites like Thailand and the Maldives, we’ve witnessed a significant uptick in travel to Azerbaijan.”

The appeal of Thailand persists, fueled by increased flight availability, the country’s attractive value-for-money proposition, top-notch accommodations, and diverse experiences.

Dnata Travel’s experts stay attuned to travel trends, collaborating with longstanding international partners to provide exclusive rates and additional perks for the local market, complemented by the latest travel inspiration.

The UAE National Day campaign by dnata Travel is now active, featuring savings and added benefits for UAE travelers across trending beach, city, mountain, and desert destinations worldwide. Notable offers include a 45% discount and a complimentary room upgrade at the 5-star Kandima Maldives, as well as a 30% discount on an All-Inclusive stay in a Suite at the beachfront Hotel Riu Sri Lanka in Ahungalla.

Share On:

Subscribe to our Newsletters

« Back to Page

Related Posts

PARTNERS

Conventa
IITM
AHIF
at-TTW

Subscribe to our Newsletters

I want to receive travel news and trade event update from Travel And Tour World. I have read Travel And Tour World'sPrivacy Notice.

Feb 21
February 21 - February 23
Feb 22
February 22 - February 25
Feb 22
February 22 - February 23
Feb 22
February 22 - February 25