Published on : Tuesday, November 24, 2020
P&O Cruises recently decided to extend its pause in operations until April 2021 as a response to the current uncertainty around European ports of call. The move comes following similar announcements from other Carnival-owned cruise brands including Princess Cruises and Seabourn.
With the first cancellations taking place around March during the peak of the COVID-19 crisis, P&O Cruises’ will now be out of the water for more than a year. Paul Ludlow, President, P&O Cruises said in a statement that the company does not want to extend its pause in operations any further than absolutely necessary.
However, he mentioned that the decision to cancel the additional dates had to be undertaken due to the ever changing guidance around international travel and the varying regulations in many European ports of call. He also said that it was the right thing to do for guests as the final payments for the cruises are due very soon.
He further apologized for disappointing those who were due to travel and stated that the cruise lines hopes that they will re-book for later in the year or for its new programme of 2022 holidays which went on sale earlier this month with strong demand, showing great confidence in cruising in the future.