Published on : Monday, August 16, 2021
Although there has been a massive impact of the forest fire which engulfed the Aegean and Mediterranean resort towns, Turkey still hopes to host about 25 million foreign visitors this year.
The impact of the forest fire could not steal away Turkey’s hope of hosting 25 million visitors this year. The fire engulfed the Aegean and Mediterranean resort towns causing damage to its natural resources.
The Cultural Minister, Mehmet Nuri Esroy said that there has been no change in their targets of 25 million tourists and revenue worth $ 20 billion.
He also claimed of reaching a figure of 12.5 million tourist traffic at July end. This also includes foreign tourists and overseas Turks.
The minister said that the performance of tourism operators and firms in the looming months will be crucial.
He emphasised on the conservation and protection of the natural beauty of the affected regions. These include forests, water bodies of Marmaris and other resources that have been sites of attraction for the British, German and Russian tourists.
Esroy asserted that their priority is to write a new story of Marmaris which hails as Turkey’s one of the prime travel destinations.
Turkey hosted 16 million tourists last year which marks about a 69% decline from 2019. During this time country amassed about $35 billion revenues in tourism.