Published on : Friday, January 8, 2021
Princess Cruises has become the latest line to delay its return to operation. The Carnival-owned brand will now not be welcoming guests until at least May 14 this year. The cruise line said that the decision has been undertaken to w allow time for it to prepare plans to meet the framework for conditional return to sailing issued by the United States Centres for Disease Control & Prevention.
The cancellation includes sailings in the Caribbean, the California Coast, along with early season Alaska and Europe cruises. Princess has previously paused global guest cruise holidays until the end of March. Guests booked on cancelled voyages will be able to receive vouchers, refunds or rebook their trip.
Jan Swartz, President, Princess Cruises said that authorities appreciate the patience from loyal guests and travel agents as they are working to meet the health and safety requirements for return to service. He mentioned that the cruise line will continue to prepare ships for our return to service and are eager to see guests back onboard to create summertime memories.